Kodi is one of the most popular media player software that exists on the internet. However, installing the app on an iPhone or iPad is not a straightforward or an official answer. So just in case if you are wondering How to install Kodi on iPhone without Jailbreak? Then this is the post which will help you out.
As you continue to read further in this article, we will be sharing a complete step. So you can download and install Kodi app for iPhone. But before that, let’s just talk about what is kodi. So the concept will get cleared for you.
What is Kodi?
Well in simple words you can say that Kodi is a Media player. Earlier it used to known as the XBMC. Also, the application is free to use the app as it is an open source project. This project is currently operated by XBMC Foundation. The Kodi media player can be used to play internet video and downloaded media files. Also, the application supports verities of media formats. Also, you can use the Kodi player to stream media on a big screen TV.
So that was a small introduction to the Kodi. Now let’s move to the second question which says “how to setup Kodi on iPhone”. However, before you do so, let us mention that you will not be able to install Kodi directly on your iPhone. Instead, you will need a computer and the Cydia impactor tool. The Cydia impactor tool can be downloaded from the Cydiaimpactor.com. So simply download the application and install it on your computer. Once done, you are all set to move to the steps:
How to install Kodi on iPhone without Jailbreak:
- First of all, you have to download the recent Kodi.ipa file. As Kodi does not host these type of files on their own website. So you have to download the file from third party websites.
- After that, you need to connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac computer.
- Then you have to launch Cydia Impactor your PC or Mac.
- Now you have to drag and drop the Kodi IPA file on the Cydia Impactor.
- Now select your iOS device from the Cydia impactor and click on the start button.
- After that Cydia impactor will ask you to enter your Apple ID login. Simply enter them. Now you have to wait for a couple of moments now and let the Cydia impactor do the job.
- Once the app is installed on your iOS device. You have to make your device trust it. So to make the application a trusted one you have to follow this chain: Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.
- Then find the profile of Kodi and open it using your Apple ID.
- At the next, you have to tap the Trust button. So your iOS device can start trusting the new Kodi app.
- Once done, you are all set to use the app.
So those were the steps that you need to follow to setup Kodi for iPhone without jailbreak. However, in some cases, you find issues with the above step. So what can be done? Well just to help you out, we have another way which you can use. In this way, you have to take help from the Xcode too. However to make you understand better, here is a guide:
How to install Kodi on iPhone without Jailbreak using Xcode:
Well for this method, you need to download three files. So what those three required files are? Simply check this list and download them:
- Kodi v17.6 “Krypton”
- iOS App Signer
The Kodi V17.6 deb file can be found on the official website of the Kodi and you can find the Xcode in mac store. Talking about the iOS App Singer you can download it from the http://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/ .
Once you are done downloading the required files. You need to install the Xcode on your Mac. So once you are done installing the application. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, connect your iOS device to your Mac and launch the Xcode application.
- Then select Create a new Xcode project option.
- In the next step you have to enter a product name so simply keep it Kodi. Or you can put something else.
- At the next step, you have to choose a location for the Git Repository. Simply click on the create button and select desktop.
- Also while processing ahead with the application you will get to see a message which says “No code signing identities found”. To fix this you have to click on the fix issue underneath this message. After that enter your Apple ID and you are good to go.
- Now go back to the main screen and you will get to see the “To fix this issue, select a Development Team to use for provisioning” message. To fix this issue simply click on the Choose button. Now Xcode will take a few moments to fix the issue.
- Then you have to open the App Signer. So simply extract the downloaded iOS App Signer and open it. Now simply add the Kodi file in the Input file section.
- Now simply follow all the screen instructions and you are done. Now check your iOS device and you will get to see the Kodi app.
So those were the steps that you need to follow if you want to get Kodi app for iPhone with Xcode. Now you will be able to control Kodi with iPhone and iPad.
So that was everything for your question which says “How to install Kodi on iPhone without Jailbreak”. So go ahead and try out the steps and see how it is working for you. Also if you have any further questions do comment below and we will surely help you out.